Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

I'm Alive & Daily Five

Whew... I survived the first week back!!  It was a whirlwind of a week that seemed to take an eternity... if that makes any sense?!

Tomorrow, I plan on starting to introduce the daily five to my kids.  I am going to do things somewhat differently this year, which I will get into more later.  For now, I am taking it one day at a time.  Tomorrow, I will be teach the I-PICK lesson where the kids learn how to pick "good fit books".  Since the acronym is in English, it doesn't work in my classroom.  Here is my version of the acronym in Spanish.

Yo Escojo un libro

P- Propósito (porque lo quiero leer)
I- Interes (Me interesa el libro?)
E- Entender (Entiendo lo que estoy leyendo?)
S-Saber (Se la mayoría de las palabras

To teach the lesson, you use shoes to show the students how to pick a book.  Each shoe has a purpose, and the same shoe that fits you might not fit your friend.  We all have different interests, different levels, and different purposes for reading so we need to pick the book that is right for us.  (not necessarily the same one that our friend has!)  This is why I went with the acronym of "PIES"-- it relates to the lesson on choosing a book.

I'm looking forward to teaching this lesson tomorrow & hope that you find this acronym helpful!


0 comments:

Post a Comment