Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Teacher Tricks & Tidbits #2


Graphics & fonts courtesy of Mrs. Stanford's ClassEmily Wean Designs, and Cara Carroll

If you are anything like me, you have students asking to go to the bathroom all.day.long.  Many times they just want to get out of the room with a friend & they miss valuable learning, but sometimes it is hard to decide when to let them go & when not to.  So... I started using a system where I let the students leave for water/ bathroom breaks 3 times a day.  I put all their names on index cards in a pocket chart.  I have a bucket of little circle counters, and they put one in front of their name each time they go.  This is a great visual for me as well as for the students, and has helped greatly in regards to managing bathroom breaks.  I highly recommend it!

Do you have a different bathroom break system that works well for you?  Please comment below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment