Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Compound Word Quilt

I don't know why, but this year has started off to be SO busy!  We have been out of town on and off and have just had an overly booked schedule, but I think it is finally settling down some.  Thank goodness :)

Last week, we did an intro to compound words.  This was a new concept for my firsties, so we started by making an anchor chart together.  Then, they worked in partners.  I gave them the two base words to put together and make a compound word.  From there, they wrote down the word and illustrated it.  We put all the words together and the finished product is a Compound Word Quilt.  I think it turned out cute!


How has your year started out so far?  Have you been able to keep up with your goals & resolutions?

2 comments:

  1. Cute idea! I'll have to do this with my Firsties soon. They would enjoy it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linsay,

    I'm a quilter, so I absolutely love this idea. It's great that they contributed to the anchor chart. Thanks so much for sharing.

    Mona
    First Grade Schoolhouse

    ReplyDelete