Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Fairy Tales: Happily Ever After :)

I have been collecting photos over the last few weeks in preparation for this post about fairy tales.  In first grade this year, we did a fairy tales unit and focused on Little Red Riding Hood, The Three Little Pigs, and Cinderella.  We had a blast!  Many of the activities came from my fairy tales unit, which is available in both English and Spanish on my TpT store.  Here are just a few of the activities:

Comparing & Contrasting the 3 little pigs' houses

Matching subject & predicate:  The 3 little pigs
{This looks way cuter in color except that my color printing is being monitored by big brother} 

Comparing & Contrasting two versions of Cinderella:

We did lots with Little Red Riding Hood too, especially related to adjectives, except I didn't get any good pictures of that.  My student teacher is in her full teach now, so I am not doing a good job of taking pictures of the kids' work... slacking, I know.

I have some incredibly talented teachers on my team, and they decorated their walls for the fairy tale unit.  A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.  {Shout out to Ms. Kallead & Ms. Rodriguez}  Here are some pics for you:






One activity that they did is that the kids used wordle to describe little red riding hood with adjectives.  Love!  These teachers are seriously creative, are they not?

Anyway, I hope you'll check out my fairy tale unit!  Until then, let's all live happily ever after :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment