Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Swat a Sight Word

I had seen this idea floating around the internet and decided to try it out with my emerging readers in small group today. It was a success for sure; they loved it!

I laid out some sight words on the table and gave each student a fly swatter.  {I got them for $1 a piece at H-E-B}  To play the game, I said a word and the first student to swat it won a point.  Then, they had to write the word on their white boards.  These kiddos are just at the point of beginning to form words with sounds and syllables, so this was great practice for them.  I highly recommend using it in your classroom!

2 comments:

  1. You've been Boo-ed! Hop on over to check out the post... http://familyrunningmyjourney.blogspot.com/2012/10/ive-been-boo-ed.html I can't wait to read about your favorite fall activities!

    Corinna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up! I use swat too!

    I just wrote about playing swat to review letters and sounds

    Pocket Full of Kinders

    Shuna P

    ReplyDelete