Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

1-2-3 Line

Well, I have been MIA for the last week as I have been crazily trying to get my classroom ready for the first day of school.  Whew!!

As the first day of school is approaching, I am thinking about procedures that I want to teach my kiddos.  One that I do is the 1-2-3 line system.  After all the kids are lined up, we do the following:

1-- Hold up a number one and put it over our mouths saying shhhh to remind us to be quiet in the hall.

2-  Hold up a number two and put the fingers on our eyes to remind us to face the front.

3- Hold up both hands with a number three and then put them at our sides to remind us that our hands go at our sides.

I have found that many of the line-up songs are in English and are difficult to translate, so I use this method.  Do you have a line-up song in Spanish that you use?

1 comments:

  1. I sing, ninos listos, estan en la fila, manos atras con una burbuja. And for the carpet: ninos listos, estan sentaditos, manos aca, con una burbuja.

    ReplyDelete